26 July 2019
At Dom Gonçalo Hotel & Spa we believe that economic growth and social well-being are intrinsically associated with the environment. We take our responsibility and commit ourselves to developing and integrating best practices and principles of sustainability into our business strategy, striving to minimize the ecological footprint of our hotel operation. In this regard, the following good practices were applied, among others:
• Installation of solar panels for water heating;
• Installation of double glazing and renovation of air conditioning equipment;
• waste separation;
• Installation of electronic keys that turn off the lighting automatically on leaving the room, taps and flush to save water;
• Installation of lighting sensors and low consumption lamps;
• High performance water and environment heating boiler;
• Planting herbs and flowers for hotel use as well as native plants in the garden to reduce water consumption;
• We favor the purchase of raw materials, equipment and services from local suppliers.
As a result of these practices, we received yesterday the 2018 Environmental Sustainability Seal, awarded by AHP - Hotel Association of Portugal, for its commitment to the HOSPES - Hotel Environmental Responsibility Program in Portugal program.